- Los Angeles, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is seeking a Technical Writer to document our industry-leading software and technology for Oculus developers around the world. Our team teaches some of the world's most brilliant engineers how to develop VR applications. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of effectively capturing and communicating technical concepts related to software development procedures.
- Create and maintain SDK documentation.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Design, draft, and edit technical and process documentation.
- Support the release and adoption of software.
- Support multiple programming languages and development platforms.
- Create and maintain code samples and sample applications, as needed.
- 3+ years of experience authoring technical documentation for an engineering audience.
- Experience with API documentation in C++ or similar.
- Experience working with markdown content formatting.
- Experience interpreting example code so that it can be explained to users.
- Experience using source control to manage and publish content.
- Established record of project ownership, project management, and self-direction.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or English or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with game engine development (Unity, Unreal).
- Familiarity with VR/AR concepts and technologies.
- Experience collaborating effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines.
Back to top