(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is seeking a Technical Writer to document our industry-leading technology for developers all over the world. Our team teaches some of the world's most brilliant engineers how to develop for some of the most exciting technologies around. Talented developers already know how to make great games, but we help them make great VR games to enrich the VR ecosystem. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of effectively capturing and communicating technical information related to products and development procedures.
- Create and maintain SDK documentation for developer.oculus.com.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Design, draft, and edit technical and process documentation.
- Support multiple programming languages and platforms.
- Create and maintain code samples and sample applications, as needed.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience.
- Experience with API documentation in C++, C, Java, Python, or similar.
- Experience working with XML-based authoring tools.
- Experience interpreting example code so that it can be explained to users.
- Experience running scripts that generate, stage, and publish documentation.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or English or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with game engine development (Unity, Unreal).
- Familiarity with VR/AR concepts and technologies.
- Established record of strong project ownership, project management, and self-direction.
- Able to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines.
- Able to assist in the automation of documentation processes.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top