Technical Systems Engineer - Business Integrity
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Business Integrity team protects users and ensures safe connections between users and businesses. We are further split into the Ads, Pages and Commerce Integrity verticals and together ensure our platform is a high quality ecosystem for users, developers, page admins, advertisers and businesses to create and promote digital content. We are an analytics-driven operations team that thinks upstream to constantly implement solutions at scale through better automation strategies. Our focus on data analysis, machine learning and a robust infrastructure of back-end systems allows us to work effectively with our engineering and product teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to enforce the quality of all promoted content at scale.Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren’t afraid of being wrong. This position is located in our Singapore office.
- Work on a global team of technical individuals using applications engineering skills to solve for tools development or back-end infrastructure problems
- Ability to creatively self-identify gaps, problems, needs and come up with robust solutions with relative independence
- Leverage technical skills such as PHP and other object-oriented programming knowledge to successfully drive infrastructure & tool improvements for new products and existing processes and workflows
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Product and Software Engineering to lead or contribute to large scale strategic projects as well as solve ongoing operational problems at scale
- Be the gatekeeper of system integrity by deep-diving into stability issues and coming up with solutions as well as working to enhance code quality overall
- Use engineering skill sets in a business organization to drive meaningful business impact by looking at problems through an operational lens
- Bachelor¹s degree in engineering or quantitative disciplines such as math, statistics, computer science, information systems
- 1 – 2 years of relevant professional work experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages and system design. (PHP skills preferred but not a must)
- Reasonable data analysis skills required to be successful on this job
- Experience with engineering disciplines, systems testing and design is a strong preference
- Highly motivated and hard-working with ability to think clearly under pressure, both individually and in team environment
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze and resolve complicated issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise communication
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and providing practical business insights
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top