Technical Specialist, WhatsApp Product Operations [Calling]
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
WhatsApp Product Operations team's mission is to proactively advocate for a flawless WhatsApp experience. Those who join our teams are very passionate about maintaining a high product quality and ensuring a good user experience.
We are searching for a Technical Specialist to join our growing team. If you are constantly looking for solutions to problems, love tinkering with smartphones, and are passionate about finding ways to be more efficient and effective, this is the role for you! We are a team that thrives on identifying ways to get the job done, and leveraging individuals unique backgrounds and strengths to contribute to team goals. Using your start-up mindset and your experience with smartphones, you will help support and test awesome features used by millions of WhatsApp users.
Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and being excited to operate independently in a fast-paced and growing environment is a must. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, California.
- Become a technical experts in our mobile app and a source of information to the rest of WhatsApp Community Operations team
- Act as a tier 3/escalation between customer operations support team and internal engineering team to ensure effective technical resolution for reported user issues
- Separate mobile platform issues from application bugs and advise the tier 1 & 2 support on how to communicate workaround or intended fix and its timeline
- Investigate, triage, escalate and follow up on issues reported with our internal bug tracker system within SLA
- Monitor users' signals to ensure new version releases are delivered smoothly within the planned schedule and meet the high bar of our product quality
- Conduct ad-hoc testings and participate in weekly QA scrum testings
- Deep dive on specific user pain points, gather supporting data, and partner with engineering and product management team to drive up product quality
- Report on weekly releases and bugs
- Evaluate the organization of team workflow to flag issue faster to the engineering team
- Update and evolve team workflow's documentation
- 1+ years experience in tier 3/escalation support
- Demonstrated understanding of mobile operating system
- Demonstrated understanding of VoIP on Android, iOS and/or Windows mobile operating systems
- 1+ years of experience developing or troubleshooting on smartphone platforms
- Demonstrated experience multitasking and managing competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience balancing independence tasks/goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- No international relocation
- 1+ years experience in product or QA testing
- Understanding of Facebook and WhatsApp
- Experience with SQL
- Experience working with remote teams
Back to top