Technical Specialist, Product Operations, Whatsapp
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people, in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas, making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
WhatsApp is seeking a Technical Specialist in our Customer Operations team. If you are intellectually curious, love discovering user insights, being the voice of the user and want to impact the lives of hundreds of millions of users globally, this is the role for you! Using your start-up mindset and your experience with smartphones, you will help support and test awesome features used by millions of WhatsApp users.
You must have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and be excited to operate independently in a fast-paced and growing environment. This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team in Dublin, Ireland and will report into the Product Operations Manager in California, USA.
- Become a technical expert in WhatsApp for all platforms and a source of information to rest of the WhatsApp Consumer Operations team.
- Investigate, triage, and report technical issues across all platforms.
- Monitor and analyze users' reviews on the respective app stores for bug-related trends.
- Separate platform issues from bugs, advise the tier 1 support team on how to follow up on bug reports from users.
- Partner closely with the engineering team to drive up the application quality and an understanding of its usage.
- Deep dive to understand specific user pain points, gather supporting data, and influence engineering and product teams on relevant feature changes to improve the overall user experience.
- Continually evaluate the organization of your support workflows to surface bugs faster to the engineering team.
- Improve the efficiency of the testing and triaging processes.
- BA/BS or equivalent 4 year university degree
- 3+ years of experience as tier 2 or 3 support on smartphone platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of the Android, Windows and/or iOS mobile operating systems
- Demonstrated understanding of the web browsers and/or desktop operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to balance independence tasks/goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Demonstrated ability to work with remote teams across different timezones
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- No international relocation
- 3+ years of experience developing or troubleshooting on smartphone platforms or web-based platforms. Android experience preferred.
Back to top