Technical Specialist, Payments
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are searching for a Technical Specialist to join our growing team. If you are constantly looking for solutions to problems, love tinkering with smartphones, and are passionate about finding ways to be more efficient and effective, this is the role for you! We are a team that thrives on identifying ways to get the job done, and leveraging individuals unique backgrounds and strengths to contribute to team goals. Using your start-up mindset and your experience with smartphones, you will help support and test awesome features used by millions of WhatsApp users.
Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and being excited to operate independently in a fast-paced and growing environment is a must. This is a full-time position based in London, UK.
This is a full-time position based in our London office.
Competitive salary including the following benefits apply :
- Act as a tier 3/escalation between customer operations support team and internal engineering team to ensure effective technical resolution for reported user issues Monitor and analyze user signals for our payment product during the developmental stages to drive up feature quality and understanding of its usage.
- Update and evolve team workflow's documentation
- Become a technical experts of the payment feature in WhatsApp and a source of information to the rest of WhatsApp Community Operations team
- Separate mobile platform and partner issues from application bugs, and advise the tier 1 & 2 support on how to communicate workaround or intended fix and its timeline Investigate, triage, escalate and follow up on issues reported with our internal bug tracker system within SLA.
- Maintain an inventory of debit cards and SIM cards specifically used for payment testings.
- Build test plans for the payment feature, partnering closely with engineering as well as PM team on the roadmap for feature development.
- Maintain a bank of test cases and coordinate QA testing with internal team as well as external third-party vendor team.
- Evaluate the organization of team workflow to flag issue faster to the engineering team.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 1+ years experience in tier 3/escalation support/ticket management
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to balance independence tasks/goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members.
- 1+ year minimum experience within payments industry
- 1+ year minimum experience in digital payments
- Understanding of Facebook and WhatsApp
- Experience working with remote teams
- 1+ years experience in mobile payment support
- 1+ years of experience developing or troubleshooting on smartphone platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of mobile operating system
Back to top