Technical Sourcing Manager, Data Center Cooling
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Infra Data Center Sourcing Team moves fast and leverages key partnerships to drive technical innovation, high quality standards and cost-savings via a customized supply chain. The Technical Sourcing Manager is the primary technical contact for supplier engagement and management with the Data Center Cooling Technology Suppliers and in conjunction with the Commercial Sourcing Manager, will drive the strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis. Working closely with the Data Center Engineering team, the Technical Sourcing Manager will help develop, communicate and implement sourcing strategies, and drive supplier engagements with an overall focus of influencing technology roadmaps, maintaining long term technical supplier relationships, and the development/implementation of technology that solves industry challenges.
- Maintain current knowledge of the technology and industry trends for the assigned categories and perform competitive analysis on relevant technologies.
- Develop, manage and refresh individual and customized technology and commodity sourcing strategies and roadmaps for each actively managed technology.
- Develop and maintain deep technical relationships with executive management with suppliers.
- Influence and drive supplier technology roadmaps to ensure Facebook's system architecture and technical requirements are met.
- In conjunction with Infra Data Center Engineering teams, lead the creation and definition of future technology directions in the assigned commodity.
- Provide technical commodity and supplier expertise and consulting to design engineering for technology migration and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Provide technical review and analysis for and responses to, supplier proposals and RFQs.
- Resolve all technical queries arising from the quote process.
- Drive pre-hack evaluation of key technologies usability/suitability within the Facebook infrastructure.
- Work with key internal partners on SW (software) and tools that enable a timely evaluation.
- Own technical expertise in supplier negotiations and provide review and input for product development and master supply agreements.
- Work closely with Infra Data Center Engineers to develop and execute part qualification and acceptance plans for new or alternative sourced technologies.
- Work with Infra Data Center Engineers to ensure part specifications and requirements are within broad technology and supplier capabilities.
- Develop supplier technical process improvement plans to drive positive gain cost, quality, reduced qualification and time to deployment.
- Support product transfer from NPI to mass-production.
- BSEE or degree in a related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of technical experience in the cooling technology space with knowledge of supply chain/operations engagement with the technology drivers and suppliers in the industry, including experience developing and managing overall supplier performance.
- Knowledge of supplier technology roadmaps and a proven pragmatic approach to influencing supplier product roadmaps.
- Experience moving from strategy to execution and delivering results.
- Experience influencing, negotiating, building consensus and making key strategic decisions.
- Experience interfacing with and establishing technical relationships with senior management at suppliers.
- Experience interfacing with internal and external partners in an entrepreneurial and cross-functional environment, requiring independent judgment while coordinating people and technical resources.
- MSEE or degree in a related technical field.
- 10+ years of technical experience in the cooling technology space with knowledge of supply chain/operations engagement with the technology drivers and suppliers in the industry, including experience developing and managing overall supplier performance.
Back to top