Technical Sourcer, Specialized Technology
- Sunnyvale, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Specialized Technology Recruiting Team at Facebook supports specialized technical hiring across unique hardware initiatives and innovative technologies. These organizations are responsible for developing and building the software and hardware platforms that power Facebook, its Infrastructure, and its family of apps today (including Data Center, Core Systems Engineering, Foundation, Enterprise, Network Engineering, Production Engineering, Connectivity, Privacy and Security teams) and the platforms of the future (Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)).
As a member of the Specialized Technology Recruiting Team, you'll work with hiring managers and Recruiters to develop creative strategies to find the best talent globally. We conceive practical and creative ways to identify leading talent and invest a lot of time activating passive candidates through a highly engaged approach. We're passionate about delivering an awesome candidate experience from the initial reachout and first conversation a candidate has with us which more often than not starts with a member of our recruiting team.
- Work closely with Recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand the requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, talent mapping, events and sourcing campaigns
- Build and share knowledge of skills, target companies, conferences, and open source communities with recruiters and hiring managers
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine basic qualifications
- Partner with Coordinators and Recruiters to manage an efficient model of operation
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive improvements that positively impact talent pipelines
- 5+ years of sourcing experience with in-house recruiting team, search firm, or agency
- Experience working with and building sourcing strategies with Recruiters and hiring managers
- Experience developing and executing candidate generation and research techniques
- Experience screening resumes to match qualifications
- Experience engaging and activating passive candidates
Back to top