Technical Sourcer, Software Engineering
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Sourcer to proactively identify and assess talent. As a member of our software engineering recruiting team, the Technical Sourcer works closely with our Recruiters and Hiring Managers to develop creative strategies to find the best talent globally. We conceive practical and creative ways to identify leading talent and invest a lot of time activating passive candidates through a highly engaged approach. We're passionate about delivering an awesome candidate experience and that starts with the first conversation a candidate has with us, which is more often than not with a member of our Sourcing team. Are you a dynamic Sourcer who can bring a level of motivation, curiosity and scrappiness to our team?
- Work closely with Recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand technical requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organisation
- Partner with Coordinators and Recruiters to manage an efficient model of operation
- Build strategy for talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine fit
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact local pipeline areas
- Embody Facebook's culture: Be Bold, Move Fast and Focus on Impact
- Partnering with engineering and product teams to improve candidate or sourcing experience
- Deep understanding of technology. Coding background or experience preferred.
- You should feel comfortable reading through a Github repository and understanding the contents.
- Desire to constantly upskill yourself in both sourcing and technology
- Confident reverse engineering xray searches for sites like Stack Overflow / Kaggle / LinkedIn
- Expert in advanced sourcing techniques, from graph search to building custom search engines from scratch.
- Excellent technical sourcing experience gained within a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- Preferably software engineering recruiting experience
- Passionate about Facebook product and able to speak to our technology/industry
- Good eye for talent with ability to quickly screen resumes to identify fit
- Excellent research/sourcing skills with ability to dive deep into searches for hard-to-fill roles
- Sound candidate engagement approach with ability to activate passive candidates
- Sharp interview skills with ability to screen for both technical and cultural qualities
- Solid tech and industry knowledge with ability to understand relevant tech skills, target companies, conferences, open source communities
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top