Technical Sourcer, FB+ (Oculus, Building 8, Camera, Social VR)
Oculus, Building 8, Camera, and Social VR are some of the organizations that make up what we at Facebook call FB+. It is the goal of these teams to create and ship new, category-defining consumer hardware and software products that are immersive, social, and define our consumerâ€™s daily experiences. We want to enable people to experience anything, anywhere. We aim to do this at scale and to power this with a breakthrough innovation engine modeled after DARPA.
As a team of world-class experts, we drive innovation in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, artificial intelligence, connectivity, and more -- and operate on aggressive, fixed timelines with extensive use of partnerships in universities and small-large businesses.
As a member of our team, the Technical Sourcer will work closely with our Recruiters to make sure he/she understands the technical requirements of our often-niche roles across our FB+ organizations â€" Oculus, Building 8, Social VR, Camera, etc. You will be responsible for building and cultivating talent pipelines for our hiring needs across the globe and will be instrumental in our ability to scale our business and reach our mission of enabling people to experience anything, anywhere.
- Work closely with Recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand technical requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization
- Team with Coordinators and Recruiters to manage an efficient model of operation
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine basic qualifications
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact local pipeline areas
- 4+ years technical sourcing experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- Experience working with and building sourcing strategies with recruiters and hiring managers
- Ability to screen resumes to match basic qualifications
- Ability to engage and activate passive candidates
- Knowledge of tech skills, target companies, conferences, open source communities
Back to top