Technical Safety Analyst, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The focus of Community Operations is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook and Instagram communities. The Safety team within Community Operations focuses on preventing real-world harm and keeping our online community safe. If you like helping people and solving problems both 1:1 and at scale, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is seeking a self-starter with a passion for helping others, protecting our community, and an aptitude for critical thinking and technical problem solving. We count on our Safety Detection Analysts to deliver qualitative and quantitative insight into user behavior and implement technical solutions to protect our community. By providing support to individuals in need, we identify areas for process improvement, enabling us to better serve our community at scale and with high quality.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative business analysis, technical knowledge, and presentation of data to identify trends and opportunities in driving down nefarious behavior
- Partner with Engineering, Security, and Analytics to identify, influence, and execute our abuse fighting strategies to improve the user experience on the site
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of critical initiatives
- Use data analysis or create machine learning algorithms to solve business problems and ensure the safety of the Facebook community
- Use data and visualization to tell a compelling story to convince internal and external stakeholders to take action
- BA/BS degree
- 1+ year(s) of work experience in role involving strategy, problem solving, or technical systems
- Experience with SQL, data analysis, visualization tools, or programming languages such as Python or Java
- Analytical thinker who can break down problems using data and technology independently
- Capacity to thrive when faced with problems
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to think under pressure, both individually and in team environment
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Marketing, Math, or Statistics
- Online operations experience
- Experience with computer programming, scripting languages, market analysis, or strategic analysis
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top