Technical Quality Specialist
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
WhatsApp Product Operations team's mission is to proactively advocate for a flawless WhatsApp experience. Those who join our teams are very passionate about maintaining a high product quality and ensuring a good user experience.
We are searching for a Technical Quality Specialist to join our growing team. If you are constantly looking for solutions to problems, love tinkering with smartphones, and are passionate about finding ways to be more efficient and effective, this is the role for you! We are a team that thrives on identifying ways to get the job done, and leveraging individuals unique backgrounds and strengths to contribute to team goals. Using your start-up mindset and your experience with smartphones, you will help support and test awesome features used by millions of WhatsApp users.
Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and being excited to operate independently in a fast-paced and growing environment is a must. This is a full-time position.
- Become a technical experts in our mobile app and a source of information to the rest of WhatsApp Customer Operations team
- Assess risk and formulate test strategy to ensure shipping features with a high quality bar
- Partners closely with the engineering team as well as product team in planning and executing functional, regression, verification, and end-to-end release test plans
- Coordinate QA testing and bug bashes with internal resources as well as external third-party vendor team
- Investigate, triage, and escalate issues surfaced from test runs during a feature/product beta and alpha stages
- Define quality metrics and implement measurement to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of our QA effort
- Continuously improve the overall efficiency of the ProdOps QA testing and triaging process
- Update and evolve team workflow's documentation
- 2+ years experience in testing and debugging Web or Mobile Application for iOS or Android
- Demonstrated experience with Black Box test planning and execution for both Functional Testing as well as E2E Release Testing
- Demonstrated experience to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience to balance independence tasks/goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative to improve testing coverage and effectiveness
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and automation framework (Appium or Espresso are preferred)
- Experience working with remote teams
Back to top