Technical Project Manager, Disaster Recovery
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with network, datacenter infrastructure environment and application experience within the IT ecosystem. The projects support the growth and management of the 24×7 Facebook IT environment. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park, reporting into the IT Technical Program Management team.
- Manage cross-functional Disaster Recovery projects in a matrix organization.
- Provide hands-on project management during all phases of the project lifecycle with an emphasis on communication to project sponsors, stakeholders and project teams.
- Collaborate with technical teams to develop and maintain end-to-end project plans, ensuring on-time delivery. This may include writing requirements, use and test cases as well as support and escalation plans.
- Assist individual technical resources to unblock and enable them to focus on what is most impactful to the project and the organization.
- Ability to map dependencies and relationships between projects and technologies.
- Prioritize projects based on impact level and leverage data to drive prioritization decisions. Foster a culture of data driven decision-making.
- Communicate progress to plan on projects to Program Manager on a regular basis, ensuring that team members are kept up to date on the health and status of the project.
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck, providing day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for project and tasks.
- 3+ years experience in program, project, or technical management
- 3+ years experience working on datacenter/infrastructure implementation projects with an eye toward business continuance and disaster recovery
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into DR requirements.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in relationship building and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and methodologies
- Experience working in a 5000+ user environment
- Previous experience working with disaster recovery planning and testing
- 2+ years experience in system administration or datacenter infrastructure in an IT environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top