Technical Program Manager - Workplace
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Release Engineering plays an integral role in implementing and executing product release processes to ensure that new software is released in a streamlined manner from development to production. In this role, you will manage all of the releases for the Workplace family of products, helping teams ship code on a regular basis to users worldwide. Workplace by Facebook is the next generation enterprise communication platform that enables employees at any organization to collaborate and communicate using many of the same features available on Facebook.
This team is seeking a person with a strong project management background, a passion for making tools that scale, and someone that gets the job done on-time. The team establishes procedures and develops tools that are used by both the Engineering, Product Management, and Operations teams. As a TPM, you'll use your strong technical ability to drive product releases across many different platforms and teams. Your focus will be to ensure that Facebook's products are delivered on time, with a repeatable and scalable process.
This is a full-time position based in our London office.
- Maintain and drive Workplace product releases at Facebook.
- Own, manage and improve our release process for the Workplace family of apps. Focus on scale and efficiency.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and various key teams around the organization.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with multiple Engineering and Product teams for feature updates and scope.
- Help drive tooling decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- -Medical Benefits
- -Dental Benefits
- -Vision Benefits
- -Pension Benefits
- -Life Assurance
- -Childcare Benefits
- -Gym Benefits
- -Transport benefits
- -Laundry Benefit
- -Posted: May 24th 2018
- -Closing date: June 22nd 2018
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of tech industry experience and 2+ years of program management experience.
- Ability or experience to work at scale, and with 24x7 production operations.
- Extremely strong communication skills and experience working with highly technical management teams.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus a large team to reach challenging goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse, cross-functional teams Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems.
- Self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Mobile (iOS, Android) experience and knowledge is a strong plus.
Back to top