Technical Program Manager, Video Sharing Core Experience
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
This TPM would directly lead a team of engineers and designers to help improve the core video sharing experience, but also coordinate with adjacent teams to ensure roadmap alignment and consistent execution. In this role, the TPM will be the primary person defining how the core video experience should work. This includes the video upload, video playback and video quality. Key responsibilities include defining metrics for the core video experience, coordinating engineering within the video team, and helping the team coordinate across all of Facebook.
Product TPMs go through Engineering and Data Bootcamp and are expected to possess an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture (e.g. in the case of video sharing it means understanding the core engineering systems and the data pipelines). By being embedded in an Engineering team, a product TPM commits to learning the team's technology and to making it transparent to other teams.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Be the thought leader for the team to drive the vision and metrics.
- Work as an ally between the infrastructure and product teams to ensure for the smooth execution and adoption.
- Own progress reporting.
- Work with PM and Engineering teams to define your team's strategy.
- Ability to motivate and focus a large collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with experience in large-scale systems and writing code.
- Experience with video.
Back to top