Technical Program Manager, Video Infrastructure
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make the best experiences for people capturing and sharing the World's moments. Our work aims to drive and ship high quality Instagram products to the public. As a Technical Program Manager for Instagram Video Infrastructure, you will play a key role working on various initiatives to ensure that people creating and watching videos on Instagram have a great experience. You will work horizontally to create impact for Instagram by enabling products to move fast and lead various quality, efficiency, and scalability initiatives. You will work with multiple teams, internally and externally, to ensure people have the best possible experience capturing moments with Instagram. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park.
The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable in video domain, passionate building scalable service, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to innovate on existing solutions, and focused squarely on impacting the Instagram product and business.
- Manage cross-functional video infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, and measure impact by defining meaningful metrics to meet company goals.
- Interface with Engineering, Product Management, and other cross-functional stakeholders for Instagram product requirements and scoping.
- Drive IG video infra road mapping and production operations at scale.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to insure scope, schedule, resources are aligned across teams.
- Provide hands-on program management with deep understanding of the need to deliver production systems full speed and at scale.
- Drive accountability and ownership in a fast-paced environment across a dynamic team through project planning and interpersonal skills.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to at least 2 years of project/program management experience.
- Experience defining programs, collecting requirements, coordinating team on scoping/planning/shipping features for large-scale systems.
- Technical knowledge and/or experience in video infrastructure, encoding, and video quality.
- Organizational, coordination and multitasking experience.
- Knowledge of scalable systems and experience explaining architectures from product to infrastructure.
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services.
- Experience working at scale, and with 24x7 production engineering teams.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Product Management experience.
Back to top