Technical Program Manager, Traffic Infrastructure, CDN Software
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. Our team comprises varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need technical program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based either in Menlo Park, CA, Seattle, WA, or Boston, MA.
- Drive cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization.
- Interface with Product, Engineering and business owners for product launches and feature development.
- Maintain the team's focus on strategy and goal-oriented results.
- Proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve cross-team issues.
- Work with Engineering, Data Science, and partner teams to define and build metrics to track performance and identify areas of improvement for the programs in collaboration with key cross-functional team members.
- Balance the business needs with technical constraints by building deep subject matter expertise for your area.
- Proactively identify opportunities/gaps in performance, reliability, efficiency and quality and drive better improvements.
- Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and quickly react to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Web or Internet software infrastructure management and large scale distributed systems experience.
- Experience with and a good understanding of application layer network routing protocols, global software load balancing, video streaming and content delivery network (CDN) architecture.
Back to top