Technical Program Manager, Systems Firmware
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with system firmware development experience. The Technical Program Manager (TPM) will lead cross-functional and multi-site teams on developing, evaluating, and delivering our system firmware solutions and products to support our infrastructure. Facebook's Infrastructure Engineering organization is responsible for the growth, management and 24x7 upkeep of Facebook's products and services. This is a full-time position and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure programs in a matrix organization focused on firmware solutions.
- Engage in product management in collaboration with Engineering partners to define firmware roadmap and influence product developments.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for firmware solutions.
- Develop and manage firmware solutions end-to-end, build program plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, integration & release, and post deployment phases.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Analyze infrastructure needs and produce firmware plans to meet those needs.
- Work with infrastructure and external partner teams to build and deploy scalable firmware solutions.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of firmware engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- 2+ years of experience supporting Firmware Engineering teams.
- Experience in end-to-end firmware & hardware project life cycle management and development processes.
- Experience with managing projects related to system software and hardware co-design.
- Knowledge of enterprise server systems/components and server management software.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Experience with data center architecture and deployment.
- Experience working with ODM's and other vendors.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- Four or more years of embedded SW or firmware development experience (such as BIOS, BMC).
- Hands on experience with server management software stack.
- Experience with open source ecosystems and engagement with industry groups.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top