Technical Program Manager, Stories
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Stories is a low-pressure space to share everyday moments with the people you care about.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role defining and driving impactful engineering projects that span the organization. You will help navigate massive growth and future product needs. This includes solving software performance issues, capacity analysis & management, product metrics definition & tracking and building foundational tooling for automation in all these areas. It's an exciting team that builds products for more than a billion people.
Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need technical program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park.
- Work in a very fast-paced and iterative technical environment with engineering leaders across software, data center, storage and network teams.
- Proactively identify and analyze complex, long-term, critical infrastructure problems with Engineering leaders and stakeholders.
- Create programs to solve these problems by determining goals that align with company initiatives, understand dependencies, define milestones, assess risk and identify resource requirements.
- Achieve alignment in ambiguous or contentious areas to drive product decisions.
- Collaborate extensively with cross-functional engineering teams to create and execute a structure for successful delivery of programs.
- Some programs require influencing functional strategy, and the development of product or group strategy through technical and program leadership.
- Identify and define requirements for building automation and workflow tooling engines to minimize manual effort.
- Develop a communication strategy for the cross-functional team and stakeholders at different levels of the organization to align, motivate and deliver on goals at various stages of the program.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent field or equivalent engineering experience.
- 8+ years of Software engineering or Systems engineering experience, in addition to at least 2 years of Technical Program/Product management experience.
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services.
- Experience in infrastructure/back-end systems.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Experience motivating and focusing a collaboration to reach goals.
- Interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience, and experience with large-scale systems and writing code.
- Experience with analytical and service tier capacity modeling
- Experience with service architecture design to understand performance issues, bottlenecks and optimizations
- Experience in server fleet management, data center networking, data center power
- Exposure to deep analysis in optimization, performance, efficiency, and capacity
Back to top