Technical Program Manager, Storage
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's storage infrastructure supports both the 2 billion people who use our products and hundreds of critical internal services. Storage is the foundation for everything from billions of photos and videos to the analytics that power product experiences to exabyte tiered archival systems.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will help guide the evolution of storage at Facebook. You'll define the technical strategy, identifying opportunities to make storage more reliable, more efficient, and more scalable. Your leadership will help multiple teams within infrastructure engineering collaborate to solve hard problems, especially problems at scale. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need technical program managers that can do the same.
This is a full-time position based in our Seattle, WA location and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Drive engineering decisions and priorities to ensure that software teams are solving the most impactful problems
- Work with customers to identify engineering requirements
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs
- Drive storage roadmap and strategy decisions to align with Facebook-wide initiatives
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- 8+ years of Technical Program/Product management experience or equivalent engineering experience
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services
- Experience in Infrastructure/Backend systems
- Experience in the Big Data/Cloud Computing/Storage space
Back to top