Technical Program Manager, Software
As a SW Technical Program Manager at Oculus, you will play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features across internal and external teams. You will collaborate with engineering and product management on strategy, team goals and with primary responsibility to lead execution of all phases of the development cycle, planning requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks and clear communication to project stakeholders. The ideal candidate is energized by having impact, is passionate about user experience, making data driven decisions and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Develop project schedules based on product requirements, technical challenges, and business needs.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently.
- Up to 15% travel.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience as a program manager working in a cross-functional software development environment.
- Software experience in a development and deployment of at-scale web-applications used around the globe.
- Experience with software development processes and best practices.
- Experience with project and issue tracking systems.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
Back to top