Technical Program Manager, Social VR
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Social VR team is responsible for exploring the potential of virtual reality's role in social media. We are designing new ways for people to create, connect and share using the unique qualities of this immediate and immersive new medium. Our goal is to launch experiences that put people first and introduce how virtual reality contributes to a more open world.This role leads cross-team efforts for one or more Social VR products that help deliver key, strategic R&D experiences to the Facebook Social Graph. We are seeking talented individuals with a solid background in creative, high-tech product development who can be highly effective communicators and heavily influential in the organization. In this position, you will track the day-to-day activities of a wide variety of roles and people in our efforts to define the killer applications in Social VR. You will work with some of the world's most talented product managers, designers, artists, marketers and engineers. You will apply your skills in data aggregation to measure velocity and your skills in communication and attention to detail to broadcast progress and project risk. You may be accountable for any number of areas like art/asset/animation pipeline management, feature team project management, release pipeline management and third party feature development management.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators
- Determine who your customers are and communicate features, requirements and/or services to teams you work with
- Reduce surprises during execution
- Work with Product, Art, Design and Engineering to define your teams' strategy
- Build dashboards for tracking product and product pillar's status and velocity
- At least 4 years of end-user or platform product project/program management experience
- At least 2 years of experience developing creative products like film, games or applications
- 1+ years of experience in virtual reality products and services
- 1+ years of Agile Scrum or similar development process
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top