Technical Program Manager, Right Language Experience
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As the Technical Program Manager for Right Language Experience, you will be the internal advocate ensuring Facebook feels local for people around the world. You will own the local language experience for more than two billion people. You'll do this by driving the creation and execution of a product and infrastructure roadmap through partnering with engineers, designers, analysts and cross-company stakeholders. 87% of our users are already from outside of the US and Canada and we continue to expand internationally, you will play a key role to ensure a quality experience for our diverse community. The ideal candidate is passionate about international users and has significant experience in product management, user experience or internationalization.
- Build and drive company-wide adoption of products and infrastructure that help people use our products in the right language.
- Evangelize internationalization best practices and standards internally - raise awareness with and educate the Facebook product and engineering community.
- Ensure that language and local market requirements are understood and supported from a technical perspective.
- Define and execute on the Internationalization organization's roadmap by driving collaboration with engineers, designers and other product stakeholders across the company while ensuring on-time delivery.
- Manage cross-functional product development programs in a matrix organization covering a range of teams, products and tools.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and various key teams around the organization.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with systems and interpreting them to make business decisions.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Experience designing user interfaces - experience creating examples through wireframes and mockups.
- Knowledge of additional languages (other than English)
Back to top