Technical Program Manager QA, Portal
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Building8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building8 seeks a Technical Program Manager (Quality Assurance) who will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers.
- Create specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch.
- Lead and coordinate Quality Assurance efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions.
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- Develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- 5+ years of work experience in program management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge in the practical application of program management principles and tools.
- Experience working with ODM as well as JDM development models.
- Experience taking projects and breaking them down into pieces, develop specifications, then deliver them in a manner.
- Experience managing efforts in quality assurance and system level testing.
- Experience in delivery and commercialization in consumer electronics.
- Collaboration skills, driven by working closely with Engineering, Product Management, Program Management, and Supply Chain teams.
Back to top