Technical Program Manager, Promotions Platform
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you excited about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology and data as a way to increase efficiency and change how a business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within Growth Infrastructure engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based in our office in Menlo Park and will report to the Director of Product Management.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- B.S. in a Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, program/product management, or similar experience.
- Experience in backend reliability, efficiency, quality and/or performance work.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience to large-scale systems and experience writing code/queries.
- Experience leading complex migration for internal customers to adopt new platform features
- Experience managing multi-channel marketing campaigns (banner, contextual, offsite)
- Experience working with large-scale notification systems (in-product, push, email, SMS)
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top