Technical Program Manager, Product & Platform Infrastructure
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) with extensive Product or Platform development experience. This person will partner with Product and Infrastructure teams to collaboratively define, manage, and drive cross functional programs, platforms and infrastructure that enable the delivery of Facebook products and features. They will be responsible for identifying team focus areas, and driving impact where there are complex cross-functional needs from the respective product groups, as well as significant business and technology solution opportunities. In addition, they will provide analytical insight and foresight to help shape long-term strategy, and drive planning and prioritization for the teams they support. In driving execution of these plans, they will define and align cross team engagements which bring clarity and focus, and enable the easy flow of information and plans between people and teams, through the creation of effective communications at scale. The ideal candidate will be able to bring strong thought leadership, technical understanding and execution excellence to major initiatives, and core features, resulting in performant, reliable, efficient, high quality product and platform infrastructure that scales to the next billion people worldwide.
- Build strong and aligned program teams to efficiently deliver on shared goals.
- Collaborate with Engineering and business owners to define program requirements, set priorities, and establish scope which includes defining the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams that you are partnering with.
- Manage cross functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly.
- Develop and own communication plans to effectively and proactively communicate program status, issues, and risks to stakeholders.
- Partner with cross functional teams to drive technical analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Define and track key metrics and key quality and performance indicators and drive cross functional execution of program deliverables.
- Proactively identify and analyze complex, long-term, critical infrastructure problems with engineering leaders and stakeholders.
- Influence product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions including reducing the manual efforts through automation.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
Back to top