Technical Program Manager, Product Foundation
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is where people connect, and in recent years more people have been using Facebook to connect in another way: buying and selling with each other. This activity started in Facebook Groups and has grown substantially. More than 450 million people visit buy and sell groups each month â€" from families in a local neighborhood to collectors around the world. To help people make more of these connections, we built Marketplace, a single destination on Facebook to connect, browse, and discover products in their local communities.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how businesses operate? We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager with a strong technical background and is passionate about marketplaces, mobile commerce, consumer experiences, and launching products that allow people to easily buy and discover products that they're interested in safe and trusted communities. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within Marketplace. You must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results, and developing and executing against launch plans.
This is a full-time position based in Seattle, WA.
- Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization.
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and create programs for solving those problems.
- Maintain the team's focus on strategy and goal-oriented results.
- Proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve cross-team issues.
- Work with Engineering, Data Science, and Product Management to define and build metrics to track performance and identify areas of improvement for the programs in collaboration with key cross-functional team members.
- Balance the business needs with technical constraints by building deep subject matter expertise for your area.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies that are holding the team back, and drive better, more efficient workflows.
- Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and quickly react to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- 5+ years of tech industry experience, including 5+ years of program management experience.
- Experience tailoring a message to an audience and use of multiple communication mediums to distribute information.
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on involvement in solving large-scale technical problems.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
- Proven experience leading cross-organizational programs by holding teams and individuals accountable to timelines and deliverables.
- Analytical and problem solving experience including experience collecting data points across disparate projects.
- Commerce or start-up environment and technical management experience.
- Search and machine learning experience.
Back to top