Technical Program Manager - Product Catalog
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
In Product Catalogue, our mission is to empower merchants to make meaningful connections between their products and people. We own the representation of a buyable item on Facebook. Billions of products are piped through our infrastructure on a daily basis. If a product exists somewhere in the world, we want to have a synchronised copy of it on Facebook. We provide the infrastructure for importing products and their images, searching for products inside a catalog, and more!
Are you a leader who can rally teams to deliver against a vision? Do you think about technology as a way to change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build products that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. Our team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, ads experience and a great passion for the industry.
As an Ads Technical Program Manager, you will be embedded with the Engineering team and possess an overarching understanding of the ads end to end system architecture (e.g. Ads Backend, delivery system, payments, front end, and advertiser facing tools). The successful candidate will also commit to learning the team's technology and to making it transparent to other teams. They make sure that dependent teams are not broken by changes, and that their team is also not broken by upstream changes while clearly communicating requirements to the teams they depend on.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Pension Benefits, Life Assurance, Childcare Benefits, Gym Benefits, Transport benefits, Laundry Benefit, Posted: July 11 2017 - Closing date: August 11 2017
- Manage cross-functional platform programs by working with development teams, business teams, and external partners.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Communicate status and big picture to the project team and management.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals.
- Interface with Engineering and Product teams for project requirements and scope.
- Lead technical discussions and have an understanding of the underlying rationale for technical decisions.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience.
- Communication, organization, management and people skills.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems.
- Experience with web or internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top