Technical Program Manager - Privacy, Security & Integrity
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Privacy, Security and Integrity Infra TPM teams are seeking a highly talented and motivated Technical Program Manager to drive the development of complex distributed systems which protect the information shared by billions of people as well as detect and mitigate abuse at scale. We work across all domains of privacy, security, integrity, and across all layers of the tech stack at Facebook. Technical Program Managers at Facebook navigate loosely defined problem spaces and turn them into well-oiled programs by seeing the big picture, driving consensus, and finally driving execution across teams to uphold the safety and security of our family of products. The Privacy, Security and Integrity Infra TPM teams partner with Engineering teams to build programs designed to solve Facebook's toughest problems. We are data driven teams, seeking to discover and implement innovative solutions that solve complex problems with both sustainability and scalability in mind. Successful Technical Program Managers for these teams have a bias toward action, finding connections where none exist, and are able to quickly build rapport across teams to identify and execute on a common goal.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical foundation in infrastructure systems design and product management for complex platforms similar to Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Oculus. They will have experience working with data (analytics/insights experience, knowledge of database query languages, and/or broad experience in using data for product decision making), and the ability to build influence by doing. This individual will also be focused on driving software programs that may not always have a defined scope at the beginning, and will be someone who can hit the ground running to help with execution. At the same time, this person should be able to drive strategic efforts around architecture, performance, reliability, metrics definitions and optimizations. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook Infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need Technical Program Managers who can do the same.
In this position, you will redefine 'state-of-the-art' while working with talented Engineers. New hires in this role go through engineering boot camp and are able to champion building an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture. As a peer to Engineers, Managers and Product Managers, the individual will heavily contribute to planning, strategy definition, execution, and evangelism; negotiating cross-team dependencies, while representing core Facebook values and perspectives. This is a full-time position based in our headquarter office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Manage cross-functional integrity infrastructure software engineering programs.
- Help define the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams that you are working with.
- Design measurements to track impact and drive internal process improvements.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Collaboratively define the vision for building a Facebook-scale, state-of-the-art, global infrastructure.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans to ensure on-time delivery, provide day-to-day coordination, and quality assurance for tasks.
- Identify dependencies and develop mitigation strategies.
- Move fast in a flat organization by working in concert with technical program managers and engineers across Facebook to establish a shared vision for improving execution of purpose use privacy and security at scale.
- Ongoing communication of planning, project status, issues and risks in a timely fashion to stakeholders.
- Build bridges with product and infrastructure teams to discover adoption challenges, champion purpose use development and privacy/security product adoption.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiative.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Product sense including meeting the demands of the target market, ranking feature importance, managing complexity and measuring product success.
- Technical and market insight applied to definition of product MVP and prioritization of engineering backlog.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- Experience with operating system internals, databases, filesystems, networking and writing code.
- Experience with machine learning and AI detection systems.
Back to top