Technical Program Manager - Privacy (Oculus)
At Oculus Research, we're developing the future of augmented reality (AR). As a Technical Program Manager for Privacy, your job will be helping your team design privacy features that enable first in class product and features. You'll be a critical member of a multi-disciplinary team contributing to our privacy efforts across AR technologies: haptics, human perception, audio, input, computer vision, optics, display technology, and whatever else we dream up to create the ultimate AR experience.
In this role, you will work closely with various teams across Legal, Policy, and Privacy to identify and coordinate cross-functional privacy decision making for Oculus Research's AR consumer hardware products through incubation and development. You will also serve as an internal subject matter expert to educate both technical and non-technical teams on privacy best practices, as well as product functionality and objectives. To be successful, you will be eliminating barriers to your team's success, clearly communicating their work to all stakeholders and ensuring the big picture stays in focus while delving into the details on specific issues. Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity, and able to use a light touch to find ways to help the team be more efficient and effective.
The ideal candidate for this role is deeply familiar with hardware and services development in the AR/VR space or similar products and consumer privacy principles, and able to use his or her understanding of product development to promote privacy in Oculus's products and services. He or she thrives on a team, is a creative problem solver, and can independently prioritize and manage multiple complex projects.
This is a full-time position within the Oculus Research organization that will be based in Redmond, WA.
- Analyzing new features and product incubation/development efforts to identify potential privacy risks.
- Partnering closely with the Facebook Privacy Program Management team to ensure all new products and features go through privacy review.
- Leading strategic discussions among product managers, engineers, lawyers, privacy organization, policy managers, product marketers, and others, owning timely execution and driving adoption of those policies with the development team.
- Identifying and driving resolution of complex privacy challenges presented by incubation and product development for Oculus Research's AR products.
- Designing privacy guidelines in first class product and feature development.
- Driving implementation of current privacy and security policies and decision making.
- Scheduling and tracking project progress across internal teams.
- Leading strategic discussions among product managers, hardware developers, software developers, designers, product marketers, lawyers, privacy organization and others.
- Driving consensus around creative solutions to privacy-by-design challenges, managing escalations (including to leadership stakeholders), and tracking decisions and drive consistency throughout the platform.
- Communicating privacy issues and considerations to the broader privacy cross-functional team and educating the internal teams on privacy decisions and best practices.
- Ability to drive policy development to support development team decision making needs and timelines.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 6+ years of work experience in Privacy, Public Policy, Project Management, Product Marketing, or related fields.
- Experience with AR/VR products and social media or similar online products and services.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams touching sensitive topics and driving consensus, including at leadership level.
- Interpersonal experience.
- Organizational and planning experience.
- Knowledge of Facebook's products and services.
Back to top