Technical Program Manager, Privacy
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you to be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency, and change how business operates? Are you versed in developing a collective vision, and inspire teams to establish ambitious goals and execute flawlessly?
Facebookâ€™s Privacy TPM team is seeking a highly talented and motivated Technical Program Manager to help ensure the privacy of information shared by billions of people, and is maintained to the highest of standards. We work across all domains of security, and across all layers of the tech stack at Facebook.
Technical Program Managers at Facebook navigate loosely defined problem spaces and turn them into well-oiled programs by seeing the big picture, driving consensus, and finally driving execution across teams to uphold the safety and security of our family of products.
The Privacy TPM team partners with Engineering teams to build programs designed to solve Facebook's toughest problems. We are a data driven team, seeking to discover and implement innovative solutions that solve complex problems with both sustainability and scalability in mind.
Successful Technical Program Managers for this team have a bias toward action, finding connections where none exist, and are able to quickly build rapport across teams to identify and execute on a common goal.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical foundation in infrastructure systems design for complex platforms similar to Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Oculus. They will have experience working with data (analytics/insights experience, knowledge of database query languages, and/or broad experience in using data for product decision making), and the ability to build influence by doing. This individual will also be focused on driving software programs that may not always have a defined scope at the beginning, and will be someone who can hit the ground running to help with execution. At the same time, this person should be able to drive strategic efforts around architecture, performance, reliability, metrics definitions and optimizations.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Menlo Park.
- Drive enhancements to Facebook applications and infrastructure.
- Help define the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams that you are working with.
- Develop and manage end-to-end program plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases.
- Identify dependencies and develop mitigation strategies.
- Move fast in a flat organization by working in concert with technical program managers and engineers across Facebook to establish a shared vision for improving execution of purpose use privacy at scale.
- Lead technical program planning, coordination, prioritization, and communication with stakeholders enable project execution using lightweight approaches.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals, success metrics, and milestones of your projects.
- Build bridges with product and infrastructure teams to discover adoption challenges, champion purpose use development and privacy product adoption.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiative.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or technical field experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering or systems engineering experience.
- 5+ years of Technical Program/Product Management experience.
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services.
- Experience in Infrastructure/Backend systems.
- Experience coordinating and leading cross-functional teams.
- Organizational, communication, project management, and interpersonal experience to work with software engineering teams.
- Experience building metrics and measurements using SQL and other tools, for the purpose of reporting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code.
- Experience in a web/internet start-up environment.
Back to top