Technical Program Manager, Performance
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
In this role, you will play a key role between Client Foundation and the Core App organization, owning key metrics for web performance, quality, and experience. You will work with product teams across the company to ensure that rapid development of new features does not conflict with the core usability of the app. This team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, preferably one that has experience with improving product speed and performance, especially on web. We are also looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse, cross-functional teams. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Manage cross-functional product development programs in a matrix organization covering a range of teams and tools.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and various key teams around the organization
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with several different Engineering teams for project requirements and scope.
- Help drive product and tooling decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of project/program management experience
- Ability or experience to work at scale, and with 24x7 production operations.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking abilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience to large-scale systems.
- Experience with or around software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top