Technical Program Manager, Payments Billing
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Payments Billing team is dedicated to bringing a reliable, convenient, and transparent payments experience to expert-level businesses. We are part of a large cross functional effort that together drives greater than 90% of Facebook's revenue! Our customers use invoicing to pay for many different facebook products including Facebook ads, Instagram ads, Messenger, WhatsApp, Workplace and more. We work with a wide variety of cross-functional teams around the world, including: sales, finance, legal, business, operations and a plethora of engineering partners. Facebook endeavors to empower people through commerce and we believe that invoicing is a key part of that mission. As a Technical Program Manager on the team, you'll be responsible for defining and guiding high-level goals and roadmaps, monitoring and communicating progress, and defining functional requirements for new products and features. You'll partner with Engineering, Product and other cross-functional partners to prioritize work based on impact and drive strong execution. Our team is seeking a person with a strong technical background and platform experience. This is a full-time position.
- Partner with Billing Pillar leadership to drive the monthly invoicing product roadmap strategy, cross-functional alignment and execution.
- Manage cross functional platform programs by working with development teams, business teams as well as external partners.
- Ascertain requirements underlying feature requests from partner teams
- recommend alternative technical approaches when appropriate and coordinate engineering efforts to meet timelines.
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment for sales, finance, and future extension and maintenance.
- Partner as a technical liaison between internal and external customers and engineering teams.
- Communicate status and big picture to the team and leadership.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on programs.
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals.
- Capture, share and leverage your best practice knowledge across a broad group of engineers.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Payments experience with an emphasis on billing or subscription systems.
Back to top