Technical Program Manager, Operating Systems
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is dedicated to the research and development required to bring augmented reality to people around the world. We are looking for a talented Technical Program Manager, Software where you will play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features across internal and external teams. You will collaborate with engineering and product management on strategy, team goals and with a primary responsibility to lead execution of all phases of the development cycle, planning requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks and clear communication to project stakeholders. The ideal candidate is energized by having impact, is passionate about user experience, making data driven decisions and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You will play a key role in delivering new cutting-edge technologies to all FRL programs.
We are currently looking for individuals with broad experience below the OS API level and have many opportunities spanning Kernel, Storage, Security, Audio, Display, Wireless, Sensors and Input technologies as well as emerging AR specific technology.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans.
- Develop project goals and schedules based on product requirements, technical challenges, and business needs.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks, cutting through ambiguity and driving clarity.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently.
- Up to 15% travel.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Track record of delivering products.
- 10+ years experience as a program manager working in a cross-functional software Operating System or Platform development environment.
- Software experience in a development and deployment of applications used around the globe.
- Experience with software development processes and best practices.
- Experience with project and issue tracking systems.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
Back to top