Technical Program Manager, News Feed Science
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our Feed Science team in News Feed. The team is tasked with improving the way we run experiments and make shipping decisions that impact all of News Feed ranking. The TPM will work with the engineering team to understand challenges in experimentation, identify and develop tools to validate and evaluate experiment results, and advocate the use of these tools with the News Feed team and other teams throughout Facebook. The TPM will also organize and drive data science projects to develop understanding and insights on the News Feed ecosystem, and answer questions such as how to value comments and other user engagements in the ecosystem, and how network effects amplify their values. You will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest and richest data sets in the world, and a team of world-class data scientists passionate about social media. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Understand challenges in experimentation in News Feed and develop the requirements for experimentation systems and tools to address those challenges
- Advocate the use of these systems and tools with the News Feed team and other teams in Facebook
- Organize and drive data science projects to develop understanding and insights on the News Feed ecosystem
- Articulate the technology, goals and roadmap of the team
- Provide hands on program management for experimentation system and tool development projects, as well as data science projects
- Provide day-to-day coordination, drive execution and own progress reporting for projects, develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Build subject matter expertise in the area and stay up to date on technological developments
- MS or PhD in computer science, statistics, mathematics, economics or a quantitative field
- Experience working on projects solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Background in statistics and experiments, and experience building or using at least one experimentation system.
- Experience working on projects solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Ability to communicate quantitative analysis.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top