Technical Program Manager - New Product Introduction, IP Networking
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) with prior experience in introducing new hardware/software technologies to large scale production networks. In this role, you will help launch new Hardware/Software technologies into the network by working closely with internal and external teams, across IP Engineering. Network Systems, Hardware Procurement, Network Deployment, Network Operations and external vendors. You will support the full life cycle from requirements gathering to lab testing, production pilot testing and final operationalization of these technologies and products. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager with synchronous coordination with other Network Engineering TPMs that are responsible for other functions.
- Structures New Product Introduction (NPI) framework for onboarding new IP Networking - HW and Software technologies, introducing and delivering new and enhanced capabilities to the Facebook Production Network.
- Engages with Network Engineering teams early in the life cycle, promoting design for serviceability and shaping the service operational strategy that will support the product until end of life (EOL).
- Ensures the product can be effectively supported by all teams spanning from Network Design Engineering, Network Lab/Testing, Network Hardware Procurement, Network Deployment, to Network Operations.
- Continually evaluates and ensures closure on technology operationalization decisions and workflow.
- Recommends and drives workflow changes that improve the speed and predictability of NPI programs.
- Operates as a leader and facilitator, is dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented, excels in program/project management, communicates with ease at all levels, thrives in an ambiguous environment and is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts.
- Navigates among highly interdependent and sometimes conflicting requirements and objectives across a wide range of cross-functional organizations, providing the judgment and leadership that results in globally-optimal outcomes for Facebook's Network.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Communicate and report on current risks, mitigation plan and track executions of these programs.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of industry experience in network program management or network engineering, including experience exercising technical judgment at the level of a practicing engineer.
- Experience in either NPI, Network Testing, Network Design Engineering, Network Deployment or operations on a nationwide or global network.
- Knowledge in Network Hardware platforms and Network protocols TCP/IP, IS-IS/OSPF, BGP, and MPLS.
- Communications and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within cross-functional team.
- Program Management experience.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in IP Networking - New Product Introductions (NPI).
- 7+ years of experience in either Network Testing, Network Design Engineering, Network Deployment or operations on a nationwide or global network.
- 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience in highly cross-functional and large-scale and large impact Network Infrastructure programs.
- Python or any other high-level programming language.
- Effective interpersonal skills working with cross-functional teams, customers and external vendors.
- Proven leadership & influence skills to motivate program teams and get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Aptitude for quantitative assessment and analysis across multiple technical disciplines.
Back to top