Technical Program Manager, Network Software, Demand Efficiency
We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need Technical Program Managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER, NETWORK SOFTWARE, DEMAND EFFICIENCY RESPONSIBILITIES
- End-to-End understanding of Facebook's services and their traffic behaviors. Collaborate with Facebook Software teams to develop features for traffic utilization, and software for end-to-end Quality of Service enforcement.
- Understand data center capacity management and assess existing and new services' network needs and translate that to data center capacity requirements.
- Work with the Network Planning team to understand service network demands and traffic patterns.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- Help define the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams that you are working with.
- Help set objectives and measurable metrics for cross-functional programs working across various teams.
- Build dashboards to track and measure metrics as applicable.
- Drive consensus, alignment and communicate strategic program directions.
- Identify, document and track program dependencies required for successful execution.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- Experience with network devices (routers, switches, NFV) and a good understanding of network routing protocols and Virtualization technologies.
- Experience with managing projects related to data center design, hardware design and capacity management.
- Experience with application requirements and translating needs into data center and network capacity plans.
- Experience with Project Management tools.
- Working knowledge and understanding of open source based networking solutions.
- Excellent understanding in QoS techniques in large scale distributed systems.
- Good understanding of WAN backbone architectures and related protocols including MPLS, RSVP-TE and BGP.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Connectivity Technologies and Ecosystems Manager - Wi-Fi
Menlo Park, CA
- Director, Technical Program Management, Machine Learning
Menlo Park, CA
- Group Technical Program Manager, Infra Product
Menlo Park, CA
- Technical Program Manager, Core Data Storage
Menlo Park, CA
- Technical Program Manager, Messenger Foundations
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Technical Program Manager, Subsea Cable
Denver, CO + 2 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top