Technical Program Manager, Network Software
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. Our team comprises varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need technical program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Help set objectives and measurable metrics on roadmap for cross-functional programs working across various teams.
- Build dashboards to track and measure metrics as applicable.
- Drive consensus, alignment and communicate strategic program directions.
- Identify, document and track program dependencies required for successful execution.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- Experience with network devices (routers, switches, NFV) and a good understanding of network routing protocols and Virtualization technologies.
- Experience with managing projects related to data center design, hardware design and capacity management.
- Experience with application requirements and translating needs into data center and network capacity plans.
- Experience in software development lifecycle process for networking applications.
- Detailed technical knowledge on networking constructs and frameworks available in operation systems.
- Good understanding of developing networking stack and related infrastructure in kernel and user space.
- Excellent knowledge on networking software and associated ecosystem for networking equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of software systems, infrastructure and related tooling required to support networking related functions on servers.
- Excellent knowledge on data analysis tooling for large datasets.
- Experience with Project Management tools.
- Working knowledge and understanding of open source based networking solutions.
- Excellent understanding in QoS techniques in large scale distributed systems.
- Good understanding of WAN backbone architectures and related protocols including MPLS, RSVP-TE and BGP.
Back to top