Technical Program Manager, Network Hardware
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with Network hardware experience to define and deliver hardware solutions. The Technical Program Manager (TPM) will be solving complex challenges in the Infrastructure Engineering organization that support the Facebook family of applications. This person will partner with engineering, product and other cross-functional partners to prioritize work based on impact and drive strong execution. Having a strong product background, an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture and experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results are key drivers for this role. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Drive engineering decisions and priorities to ensure that hardware teams are solving the most impactful problems.
- Engage in product management in collaboration with Engineering owners to define hardware product roadmaps.
- Work with internal customers to identify user needs, gather product requirements, and define scopes.
- Develop and manage end-to-end integrated project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure projects covering a range of areas (Data Center, Network, Hardware Systems, Infrastructure Software Engineering, Capacity Management, Applications).
- Perform risk assessment, risk mitigation, and change management on projects.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and Application owners for project and product requirements and scope.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for hardware designs.
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliveries.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- 4+ years of Network Hardware Systems Design experience.
- Experience in Network hardware systems interfaces and protocols, such as Rack Switches, Fabric Switches, NICs, Some current NOS, QOS.
- Knowledge of Network systems and/or components such as Forwarding ASICs, PHYs, Optics.
- Experience working with ODM's and other vendors.
- Experience working with large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with data center architecture and deployment.
- Project Management Certification (PMP).
Back to top