Technical Program Manager, Network Engineering, Submarine Cable
(Dublin, Ireland – London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager, Network Engineering, Submarine Cables with web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The projects will support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include the Network Growth, Network Management and 24×7 upkeep of the Facebook web site. This is a full-‐time position based in either our Dublin or London office and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager. The TPM will assist with submarine cable programs, terrestrial fiber programs, and optical projects.
- Manage cross‐functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, capacity management)
- Develop and manage end‐to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day‐to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of Networking experience, two plus years as a Technical Program Manager
- Prior experience managing submarine cable design, construction, and capacity management.
- Experience working with submarine cable consortiums.
- Familiarity with worldwide submarine cable routes, capacity landing points and PoPs locations.
- Comfortable operating autonomously while keeping stakeholders informed.
- Experience with large multi-vendor DWDM (end-to-end) deployments.
- Experience overseeing other (vendor) project managers, managing delays/schedules risks, contingency planning.
- Some experience related to the sub-sea cable market, especially trans-Pac & trans-Atlantic systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into data center and network capacity plans.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) a plus.
- Experience in managing projects related to CDN a plus.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience a big plus.
- PMP Certification (PMI) a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top