Technical Program Manager, Network Engineering, CDN
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager, Network Engineering, CDN to join the Data Center and Networking team. We are looking for both web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The programs managed will support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include our Network Growth, Network Management and 24×7 upkeep of the Facebook website. This TPM will assist with Facebook CDN Projects. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, hardware systems, capacity management).
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of OffNet and OnNet Content Distribution Network (CDN) deployments, upgrades, and ongoing support.
- Be able to guide a cross functional team to develop the right mix of peering and caching for individual ISPs to meet the needs of the constantly evolving Facebook product portfolio.
- Evaluate Facebook platform program goals from capacity, reliability, and performance perspectives, and translate these into requirements and drive roadmaps across cross functional teams.
- Provide detailed planning support to infrastructure program, data analytics and product teams
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in the networking field, and two plus years as a Technical Program Manager.
- Has previous experience with CDN Networks including hardware, software, and systems.
- Unix/Linux System Administration
- Experience with Project Management tools
- Experience in procurement process for network hardware, fiber capacity, and colo leasing.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into network design and capacity plans.
- Experience with Internet infrastructure: specifically, IP, BGP routing and content proxy caching
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- PMP Certification (PMI).
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top