Technical Program Manager, Network Engineering, CDN
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager, Network Engineering, CDN to join the Data Center and Networking team. We are looking for both web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The programs managed will support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include our Network Growth, Network Management and 24x7 upkeep of the Facebook web site. This TPM will assist with off-net Facebook CDN Projects. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Manage cross-functional global infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (network, caching, software, hardware systems, capacity management, efficiency).
- Support and guide operations teams' efforts to ensure on-time delivery of Offnet Content Delivery Network (CDN) deployments to grow our international caching capacity.
- Develop program level initiatives to increase the efficiency of the operations teams and fuel the velocity of their efforts.
- Be able to guide a cross-functional team to develop the right mix of peering and caching for individual ISPs to meet the needs of the constantly evolving Facebook product portfolio.
- Evaluate Facebook platform program goals from capacity, reliability, and performance perspectives, and translate these into requirements and drive roadmaps across cross-functional teams.
- Support the Software and Production Engineering roadmap to improve our targeting and CDN software stack.
- Provide detailed planning support to infrastructure program, data analytics and product teams.
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams to pilot and develop new solutions to server our growing demand for network and caching capacity.
- Provide support to the team managing our suppliers during vendor selection, negotiation and through the term of the engagement by aligning their service delivery with our program goals and technology roadmap.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in the networking field, and 2+ years as a Technical Program Manager.
- Previous experience with Content Delivery Networks including hardware, software, and systems.
- Experience with Project Management tools
- Experience in procurement process for network hardware, fiber capacity, and colocation leasing.
- Experience contracting and working with Managed Service Providers
- Experience interfacing with global internet service providers with a focus on end user throughput and app performance.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience developing program-level roadmaps which require the support of cross-functional teams and driving those teams to deliver on their goals.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into network design and capacity plans.
- Experience with Internet infrastructure: specifically, IP, BGP routing and content proxy caching
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- PMP Certification (PMI)
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top