Technical Program Manager, Network Engineering, Backbone Networking
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager for our Data Center and Networking Engineering teams. The Technical Program Manager should have web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The projects will support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include the growth, management and 24x7 upkeep of the Facebook web site. This is a full-time position based in our Hong Kong office and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager. The TPM will assist with backbone, edge, datacenter, corporate/office and optical projects.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, office, PoP, datacenter network & backbone network, CDN, hardware systems, capacity management).
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Manage dependencies and handoffs effectively and optimize schedules accordingly.
- Build quality control and quality assurance into project plans effectively.
- Ensure that lessons learned are captured comprehensively, acted on and communicated out for each project.
- Ensure consistency across projects, regions globally and alignment with other TPM's.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of Data Center Operations or Networking experience including two plus years as a Technical Program Manager.
- Experience in Project Management tools such as MS Project and Visio.
- Track record of delivering data center electrical/mechanical infrastructure and network cabling.
- Hands on experience with Network Deployments and Circuit Provisioning.
- Expertise in Optical Networking required, including DWDM deployments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into data center and network capacity plans.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience a plus.
- PMP Certification (PMI) a plus.
- Experience with managing projects related to data center design, hardware design and capacity management a plus.
- Experience in hardware life cycle management.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top