Technical Program Manager, Monetization Products Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology and data as a way to increase efficiency and change how a business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within product and product infrastructure engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. This is a full-time position based in our office in Menlo Park.A Monetization Products Infrastructure Technical Program Manager operates within an Engineering organization in Facebook Monetization and Ads teams and has technical knowledge that enables them to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. They are peers to Engineering Managers, typically reporting either to an Engineering or PM lead for a product area. By being embedded in an Engineering team, a Monetization Products Infrastructure TPM commits to learning the team's technology and to making it transparent to other teams. They make sure that dependent teams are not broken by changes, and that their team is not broken by upstream changes while clearly communicating requirements to the teams they depend on.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators
- Manage cross-functional software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Reduce surprises during execution and own progress reporting
- Work with PM and Engineers to define your team's strategy
- Ability to motivate and focus a large collaboration to reach challenging goals
- Make your tech stack transparent with great datasets, reporting and documentation
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- B.S. in a Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 8 years of software engineering, systems engineering, program/product management, or similar experience
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
- Experience in metrics systems, product infrastructure, reliability, efficiency, quality and/or performance work.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code/queries.
- Experience working with large-scale systems
- Experience working on product infrastructure projects and working closely with both product and infrastructure teams
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top