Technical Program Manager - Metrics integrity
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook App Metrics Integrity team has the hugely critical mission of safeguarding Facebook's credibility by ensuring the accuracy of FB app external metrics. This team builds technical infrastructure to support the vision - creating a metrics platform that enables teams to easily generate accurate metrics. Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology and data as a way to increase efficiency and change how a business operates? If so, this role may be a great fit. As a TPM on the Facebook App metrics integrity team, you will drive many cross-functional initiatives to ensure that we build the best experiences that our people, advertisers and creators love. We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on in the Facebook App metrics infrastructure space - driving high confidence in the integrity of the metrics and insights.
Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. As peers to Engineering Managers and Product Managers, monetization metrics infrastructure TPMs heavily contribute to the top line of the company.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Menlo Park.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Reduce surprises during execution and own progress reporting.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Drive collaboration and motivation to reach challenging goals.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- B.S. in a Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least eight years of software engineering, systems engineering, program/product management, or similar experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking experience to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code/queries.
- Experience working with large-scale distributed data systems.
- Experience working on building tools/services to capture & track product metrics in a scalable, reliable and extensible manner.
Back to top