Technical Program Manager, Messenger Business Core
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Are you a developer at heart who is passionate about technology and wants to build a world-class platform for hundreds and thousands of developers around the globe? Facebook Messenger is currently looking for candidates who can share our passion for tackling complex business messaging problems through our open platform. As a product TPM, you'll commit to demonstrated critical thinking capabilities, hands-on learning the team's technology, breaking down product requirements into engineering milestones, communicating progress and driving program execution effectively through collaboration with cross-functional teams to achieve business goals. You'll work closely with both internal and external developers to gather feedbacks on how to continuously evolve our platform. You are an integral part of the team who can drive system architectural discussions, and make future-proof decisions that align with product strategy and vision. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park, California office.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Be the thought leader for the team to drive the vision that can be tracked with simple metrics.
- Work as an ally between the infra, product and integrity teams to ensure the smooth execution.
- Identify opportunities to make the developer platform more powerful and easy to use.
- Reduce surprises and own progress reporting.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering teams to define your team's strategy.
- Ability to motivate and focus a large collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, or similar tech experience including 2+ years of program/product management experience.
- Experience motivating and collaborating to reach goals.
- Experience working at scale, and with 24x7 production operations.
- Interpersonal experience, as well as relationship building and collaboration within cross-functional teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience including working with systems.
Back to top