Technical Program Manager, Messenger Accessibility
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular products in the world for people to connect and interact. It is used by over 1 billion people monthly for: text/photo/video messages, audio/video calls, game play, connecting with businesses, interacting with a thriving ecosystem of 3rd party digital bots, hosting and participating in rooms and groups, and much more.
We are looking for experienced technical leaders who can support complex multi-platform development efforts at consumer scale, while maintaining clarity of product vision and organizational awareness.
As a Technical Program Manager for Messenger Accessibility you are responsible for enabling the company to build experiences that are robust for people with disabilities. You will work closely with product leads, QA, operations, design/research, engineering and many other cross-functional partners to help us build an inclusive platform and company. New hires in this role go through engineering bootcamp and are able to champion building an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture.
- Make and support decisions on feature design, implementation detail, and strategic direction for accessibility features.
- Drive and support a wide range of accessibility implementation efforts across engineering, operations, design and beyond.
- Define and own key metrics and key quality and performance indicators for feature accessibility readiness.
- Align product and engineering decisions with higher company initiatives.
- Motivate and focus cross-functional collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Identify interdependencies between complex systems and build risk mitigation strategies.
- Represent the technical depth, breadth, and overall status of supported initiatives in leadership forums.
- Provide day-to-day coordination for technical and non-technical projects.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- Lead process improvements across multiple orgs/teams and functions.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- Knowledge of accessibility design/engineering best practices
- 10+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
- Communication skills and experience working with highly technical management teams
- Product sense including meeting the demands of the target market, ranking feature importance, managing complexity and measuring product success
- Experience managing complex software engineering projects on iOS and Android
- Understanding of high frequency messaging infrastructure systems at scale
- Technical and market insight experience applied to definition of product MVP and prioritization of engineering backlog
- Familiarity with metrics collection, applied data science, and presentation via dashboards
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate and focus a large collaboration to reach challenging goals
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems
Back to top