Technical Program Manager, Messenger
Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular products in the world for people to connect and interact. It is used by over 1 billion people monthly for: text/photo/video messages, audio/video calls, game play, connecting with businesses, interacting with a thriving ecosystem of third party digital bots, hosting and participating in rooms and groups, and much more.
We are looking for experienced technical leaders who can support complex multi-platform development efforts at consumer scale, while maintaining clarity of product vision and organizational awareness.
In this position, you will redefine 'state-of-the-art' while working with some of the world's most talented Engineers. New hires in this role go through engineering bootcamp and are able to champion building an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture. As peer to Engineering Leads, Managers and Product Managers, the individual will heavily contribute to planning, strategy definition, execution, evangelism and negotiating cross-team dependencies while representing the core infrastructure perspective, and establishing themselves as a valuable addition to the team.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER, MESSENGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive multi-product efforts at scale and build a unified view of disparate roadmaps and integration efforts
- Identify interdependencies between complex systems and build risk mitigation strategies
- Represent the technical depth, breadth, and overall status of supported initiatives in leadership forums
- Make and support decisions on implementation detail and strategic direction
- Manage software and hardware engineering programs in a matrix
- Define and own key metrics and key quality and performance indicators
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Collaboratively define the vision for building next generation privacy and integrity features
- Work with Engineering and Product Management to define your team's strategy
- Partner with product, infrastructure and cross-functional engineering and policy teams to onboard them to new technology platforms
- Reduce surprises during execution and own project management and progress reporting
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team
- Make your technical stack transparent with great documentation, demos, training sessions/tutorials and articles/blogs
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- 10+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
- Communication skills and experience working with highly technical management teams
- Product sense including meeting the demands of the target market, ranking feature importance, managing complexity and measuring product success
- Experience managing complex software engineering projects on iOS and Android
- Understanding of high frequency messaging infrastructure systems at scale
- Familiarity with metrics collection, applied data science, and presentation via dashboards
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate and focus a large collaboration to reach challenging goals
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Data Engineer Manager- Infra Strategy
Bellevue, WA + 3 More
- Data Engineer, Infrastructure Strategy
Bellevue, WA + 3 More
- Data Scientist, Infrastructure
Bellevue, WA + 5 More
- Group Technical Program Manager, Infra Product
Menlo Park, CA
- Technical Program Manager, AI/ML Infrastructure
Bellevue, WA + 2 More
- Technical Program Manager, Messenger Foundations
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top