Technical Program Manager - Marketplace Product Intelligence
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Marketplace is a fast-growing, rapidly evolving product whose mission is connecting people through commerce. Today, hundreds of millions of people come to FB to buy and sell goods within Marketplace, Buy and Sell Groups, and Pages each month. Marketplace Product Intelligence team provides the product understanding and commerce insights that powers shopping experience across Marketplace and other surfaces on Facebook.
We aim to help every person discover things they'll love and empower every person to be a merchant. One of the key components that will help us get there is deep product understanding and knowledge that will power all parts of the shopping journey -- from first awareness to post-purchase. The Product Intelligence team develops and uses these signals in our existing experiences (e.g. shopping feeds, search, contextual ads) as well as better user targeting and integrity flows. Our early results are already showing great promise, and we are doubling-down on these efforts to build out much deeper product understanding capabilities. We intend to supercharge shopping on Facebook, Instagram and the entire family of apps!
As a TPM on this team, you will drive our deep coordination with partners as we continue to push the envelope on machine learning. Product Intelligence is a foundational part of our organization, meaning we have multiple stakeholders dependent upon us to make their experiences amazing. It is critical we successfully integrate our work on structured data and signals into the roadmaps of these teams to support their product use cases, so we can all build the best commerce possible for people across Facebook.
We are looking for a technical leader who can support complex projects at consumer scale, while maintaining clarity of product vision and organizational awareness. The ideal candidate is also highly analytical and already knows (or is willing to learn) more about Machine Learning.
- Serve as our program manager for all major cross-functional product areas (i.e. those involving Marketplace Buyer & Seller platforms, Ranking and Search, Integrity, Growth, Verticals, and Shops)
- Monitor all Marketplace experiments that leverage Product Intelligence for their impact on Marketplace's topline metrics
- Coordinate with infra teams on a shared roadmap and to ensure the team's infra dependencies are met
- Work on an additional 1-2 long-term, highly cross-functional projects each half
- 5+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience in delivering large scale tech programs or products from inception to launch.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, multiple disciplines, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Experience communicating and working effectively with engineers and technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience in establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Machine Learning background (i.e. direct experience supporting ML product teams).
- Experience working in highly analytical environments.
Back to top