Technical Program Manager, Marketplace Growth
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced Technical Program Manager who is passionate about commerce, technology, and innovation to join the Marketplace team, focused on Growth of Facebook Marketplace. Marketplace is a fast-growing, rapidly evolving product whose mission is to connect people through commerce across our family of apps. Hundreds of millions of people come to FB to buy and sell goods within Marketplace, Buy and Sell Groups, and Pages each month.
As Technical Program Manager on the team, you'll ensure that Marketplace continues to sustainably acquire, retain and connect buyers and sellers by leveraging new and existing distribution channels. You'll help users discover the value of MP and build retentive behaviors which in turn lead to user and transaction growth. You'll partner with Engineering, Product and other cross-functional partners to prioritize work based on impact and drive strong execution. You'll contribute to the overall success of this new product by streamlining the execution of our aggressive roadmap, identifying resource gaps, addressing potential setbacks, align with team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, and much more. Our team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, well versed in data analytics and experimentation.
This is a full-time position based in Seattle, Washington.
- Lead key initiatives and drive collaboration across multiple cross-functional teams including product, engineering, data, and operations to enable commerce experiences on our platform.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Communicate status and big picture to the project team and management.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Technical knowledge and/or experience in commerce platforms.
- Experience with Data analysis/experimentation.
- Experience working on a growth team.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top